My Shop at Zibbet

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

A to Z blogging Days 3. Letter C

For day 3 of A to Z Blogging I decided to blog about an admirable woman who's name we all know. Just for fun I'll give you a few hints before naming her.  Both her first and last names start with the letter "C". She was born in France but is no longer with us. She became famous for her little black dresses, suits, costume jewelry and perfume.

Here are a some of her more famous quotes:
“Adornment, what a science! Beauty, what a weapon! Modesty, what elegance!”   
“A Girl should be two things: CLASSY AND FABULOUS!”   
“A woman should wear perfume wherever she wants to be kissed.”

So by now I am sure you have guessed who I am talking about.  Here is a short video-biography I found on biography.com which I thinks sums of this legendary woman quite nicely.







So there you have it, day 3, letter C and a woman I truly admire.
TTYL and make it a good night,
Debbie

10 comments:

Luana Krause said...

I knew this one! I love coco's fashion! I saw a movie about her starring Shirley MacLaine as Coco. Very cool. She did some amazing things with a white scarf.

H.T. said...

Coco has always been and will always be the symbol of fashon ,despite the new trends of the following epogues.This eccentric lady has left so huge trace in the world of fashion,that still will always have the followers,fans and imitators.
I had used her famous parfumes 'Chanel No 5' for years,but as for their rather 'heavy' bouquette it was used only for special evening ocassions by me.Some even said,that this unique parfumes should be used by women in their 60-ies,so I changed my taste into *Organza'by Givenchy,which is lighter and 'sweeter' in its bouquette,not less nice and fits my personality,but I still admire the fashion trends by Coco,read some biography books about her and saw films.Nice to read Your blog post about her-thank You very much:-)
Warm,Spring Greetings-Halinka-

Additionsstyle said...

I love her style, products, and inspiration. She was an amazing woman. Thanks for sharing.
Valerie
Everyday Inspired

Barbra said...

C is for class when you speak about Coco Chanel...great choice!

Sabrina Garie said...

Quotes are thought-provoking and elegant in and of themselves. I hadn't ever seen Coco quotes. I'll know to look for them now.

JoJo said...

Thanks so much for visiting my humble bloggy with A-Z! :)

Amalie Berlin said...

I'd never seen the Coco quotes either, but I love the last one.

Anonymous said...

I've heard the quotes, but I never really knew who said them until now. Thank you for the great post.

Gerry Wendel said...

Great post. I admit that I thought of Carol Channing first.

wsbhark said...

Chanel No. 5. :-)

I know very little about her, but Ido think she must have led a very interesting life. I will watch the video and find out. :)

Great post!