My Shop at Zibbet

Friday, April 6, 2012

Free-form Crafting

Hey there bloggy friends. Made it to another day of A to Z blogging and for "F" I have decided to blog about free-form crafting. Here are a few definitions of free-form via dictionary.com.


Characterized by free form: free-form sculpture.

Not organized or planned in a conventional way.

Encouraged to function or evolve without advance planning; spontaneous.

Without restrictions or preconceptions: The children were allowed to paint free-form

Mind-Boggling free-form crochet by the International Freeform Artists Guild

Amazing free-form knitted sweater by Jane Thornley

Beautiful free-form quilting by Shirley Barter

Drop Dead Gorgeous free-form beadwork by Ibolya Ingesne' Barkoczi

I am so envious of those blessed with the skill and courage to fearlessly create such beautiful free-form designs. I hope you enjoyed the pics. Gotta go exercise the right side of my brain now.  ;)

TTYL and make it a great night,
Debbie












8 comments:

Amalie Berlin said...

Good grief, I've never heard of free-form crochet and that's what I do! I don't mean to, and I am really not taking advantage of it(different yarns/textures here I come!). I just can't read a darned pattern. And if I managed to understand what they're saying with all that code, I never have the patience to follow through row by row.

Fabulous post :)

Melinda said...

Fun post, what amazing creations people come up with when they just let loose! That free from crochet is unbelievable, all those textures and colors ~ beautiful! :)

JoJo said...

I attempted free form bead embroidery with really bad results. I think I'm gonna need to work up to it!

Sandra Tyler said...

I need to check out that free form artists guild -- very much me with my own fiber, or I would like it to be...thanks, always, for yoour encouraging comments on my little posts.

Do you have the URL to that guild?

Miss Val's Creations said...

Amazing free form items. The sweater is calling my name! I love the crazy crocheted piece in the first photo. It look great!!

Luana Krause said...

Beautiful pieces and very creative.

Additionsstyle said...

I love free form art and that free form crochet is amazing. Great finds.
Valerie
Everyday Inspired

Tammy said...

Beautiful "F" post!
I love the free form crochet sweater, but I will just have to admire from afar! I enjoy crochet, but my talent extends to an edging around a blanket!