My Shop at Zibbet

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Blogging from A to Z Challenge

O.K, so call me nuts, but I have signed up for the "Blogging from A to Z Challenge April 2012".  http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com/   If you are wondering how someone who can't even post once a month is going to pull this off, you are not alone. I am wondering the same thing!!! 

There are many reasons why I decided to do this. The main reason is, of course, the fact that I really should be blogging much more than I do.  I also love a challenge and although it certainly will be challenging, it also seems like such a fun blog hop to take part in. 

So today being the first day, the letter to blog is A and I have chosen the word "aspire." -  (to long, aim, or seek ambitiously; be eagerly desirous, especially for something great or of high value). 

Not to leave you pictureless, here are some pics of the type of beadwork I aspire to create. 

This is a cuff by bead embroidery guru Sherry Serafini. Her work is absolutely amazing.


I am also inspired by the gorgeous and whimsical work of Laura McCabe.

So now you know what inspires me. I hope you continue to follow as I work towards my aspiration of creating gorgeous beadwork. 

"Far away in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead." Louisa May Alcott. 

What are your aspirations and how are you working towards achieving them?

TTYL and make it a great night,
Debbie

 



11 comments:

Sandra Tyler said...

Great A word! You're off to an inspiring (aspiring?) start. I did my A too -- want to see what this challenge can draw out of me. But they do suggest you turn off your captcha thing on comments, makes it easier to visit more blogs.

Sabrina Garie said...

Great designs. I love the magic theme behind the designs. Have fun with it.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your aspirations. Love the bead work and will enjoy seeing future posts.

Amalie Berlin said...

Love love the necklace in your banner, and the cuff is divine. Bead fan here, really looking forward to seeing more!

Arlee Bird said...

Okay--you're nuts. But so am I and so are over 1800 bloggers. We're going to have a great time. That's what I aspire to in April--have a great time.


Lee
An A to Z Co-Host
Tossing It Out

Additionsstyle said...

What a great idea for a blogging challenge. The word Aspire is one of my favorites and a great choice for the letter "A". I wish you luck on your challenge, and I look forward to your future posts.
Valerie
Everyday Inspired

Tammy said...

Loved reading your post Debbie and was truly inspired by the quote by
Louisa May Alcott.
Thanks for the comment on my blog.

H.T. said...

HI,Deb:-)
Happy to read from You again.
I have also the tough time recently as for beading-Spring has come and I prfer to spend my time in the garden more,to beading,so my blogposts also appear more rarely,than before.
As fo the 'aspirations'.I like those designs and the famous authors of the good books are always the respected by me,but rather not as the pattern to imitate,maybe for inspiration only.I prefer my own designs-better-worse,but mine:-)
Hugs to You from Spring Sweden-Halinka-

Kelly said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, Sew Alluring, for the A to Z challenge. How great that you chose A for Aspire. The beadwork is gorgeous!

Juliana L. Brandt said...

Girl, those are absolutely beautiful pieces of jewelry! I'm completely positive that you'll be able to make those, someday. Aspire is such a great word to start the challenge with :)

Sylvia said...

wow, I love your inspirations. What creativity!