My Shop at Zibbet

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Mixing it up

Thankfully Sunday is a day off from the A to Z blogging challenge, but for me it is catch up day. So today for M, I couldn't decide which of two subjects I wanted to blog about and was having a hard time choosing, but then realized that I could mix it up and  blog about them both.  One is a method of jewelry design and the other is someone I have a secret crush on, who's name just so happens to start with the letter M. ;)

Mix: verb- Combine or put together to form one substance or mass
        noun- Two or more different qualities, things or people placed,
        combined or considered together

Mixed Media in visual arts refers to artwork in the making in which more than one medium has been employed. Although I love working with my tiny seed beads and weaving them together, I would also love to explore creating mixed media jewelry. Here are a few awesome examples,  created by Caroline Fung who's work I so totally admire.



She does beading, wirework, metal clay, polymer clay, enameling, lampwork, silversmithing,  digital collage, and that is just a short list.  Here is a link to her blog, which is truly a feast for the eyes.

So now it's time to let you in on my little secret. But promise not to tell anyone, o.k.? So, here it is, I have a secret crush on Mondo! So if you watch Project Runway at all, of course you know that Mondo is a master of mixing materials and pattern on the runway. Besides loving his designs, I also find him to be an extremely likable person and he dresses with such personality, and is so well presented all the time. Oh well, too bad I have more than a few years on him and I get the feeling I am not his type at all ;) Anyhow, here are a some examples of his talent for mixing it up on the runway.





So there you have it: mixed media jewelry, The mixed up designs of Mondo, and oh yeah here's an added bonus: My fave mixed drink, a frozen Mudslide. Get the recipe here  http://thisbottleofvodka.tumblr.com/post/3086664755/completelybackasswards-frozen-mudslide-recipe         


TTYL and make it a good day,
Debbie
                                

4 comments:

Amalie Berlin said...

Holy moly, it isn't often that I love a piece of jewelry so much that I might be willing to murder a puppy for it. That necklace... has inspired a bad haiku!

oh lovely necklace
i might murder a puppy
simply to have thee

michelle said...

That purple/pink necklace is simply stunning! Out-of-this-world! It would have to be worn for a grand occasion... not ordinary, every-day wear - though you get people who can carry that off anywhere... anytime...

Miss Val's Creations said...

Caroline's work is amazing! I love the artwork on the centerpieces. I have not been watching Project Runway this season. Thank you for the reminder since I should be able to catch up On Demand! The mudslide looks delicious!!!

Caroline Fung - My Jewelry Journey said...

Hello Abracadebra,
I just happened to see your blog post here about my pieces. Thank you so much for mentioning me! Very much appreciated. :)
Have a great day!