My Shop at Zibbet

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Is it Autumn yet?

Just now, as I'm writing this post, I am realizing that I really need to get outdoors more. My favorite season has got to be fall. You know, not too hot and not too cold. So as I'm typing, I'm wondering to myself, " Is it even really fall yet?" So I'm trying to picture what colors the leaves on the trees are. Then I realize, that I really don't have a clue!! Anyhow, I just now went to ask.com and got my answer. The fall equinox happens at 11:09 pm on September 22. So, now that I know, I can't wait for it to officially begin.

I'm sure you heard the saying that there is no where quite as beautiful as autumn in New England. Well, that saying happens to be true. Here is a video to prove it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_QaXZiLhro

Hope you enjoyed the video. Anyhow, here is my latest project. It is a netted choker in autumn colors. The colors in the Czech glass beads, honey and Sapphire, and the gold bugle beads remind me of the Autumn sky line here in New England. Specifically before it gets too dark, when the sky is a very dark blue and the moon is gold and the trees are full of amber colored leaves.
Yes, Autumn in New England can be very inspiring. Now I just need to get out there more, after all it is my favorite season!! OK, seeing as I've been blogging a while now and you still don't know much about me, I'll let you in on a little secret............One of the reasons I love fall so much is because I sneak most of the Reese's Peanut Butter Cups out of Tammy's and my nephew's Halloween candy. After all, chocolate can be inspiring too, right?

TTYL and make it a good night,
Debbie

2 comments:

LetaMarieDesigns said...

Beautiful Necklace!!

Barbra said...

Love autumn and in New England it is spectacular. When I was teaching, my homework assignment on Halloween was to bring me a Reese's cup or a Snickers the next day!