My Shop at Zibbet

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Before & After

Hello there. I hope everyone is doing well. Today I have before and after pics to show you. Just to be different, I'll show you the after pic 1st because I can't wait for you to see it. Yes, I am that impressed with it. Shameless bragging-I know. A nettted chevron in eggplanty purple and pinkish seeds, embellished with peacock colored side drilled pearls. Once again the picture does no justice. The luster of the pearls really plays off of the rest of the necklace. Anyhow, here it is.

Ok so now for the before.  This necklace was planned to be a quicky chevron choker with just the purple and pink seed beads. The peacock colored pearls weren't even on my mind. I had basically completed  the project before I had put away the pearls from my last project. ( My usual method of madness. I have beads & supplies everywhere.) Anyhow, for some odd reason, I decided to pick up a bit so I went to put the white pearls from the last project away, where they belong, in my bead box containing all my pearls. All of a sudden, the peacock pearls which were sitting on top, just started shouting out "Pick me, Pick me!!"  Then a light bulb went off in my head, and viola- The birth of what I feel is my most beautiful creation yet.

So anyhow, here is the before pic. Not a bad-looking simple netted choker. Teens really like these

You must be wondering why I am showing the before and after. Well, its all about the inspiration. I was inspired by the color of the peacock pearls. Their color and luster were a perfect match for the shine of the purple and the matte of the pink beads. With this project, I feel I learned a great lesson in design. The lesson is to ask myself, "How can I take this project and step it up a notch? How can I make it even better than it is now? How would it look if I added this? , etc, etc, etc.  Wow, now I am totally motivated to conquer that heaping pile of beads that need to be put away, just so I can be inspired again.  No Time like the present. Gotta Run, Can't wait to see what I'll find.
TTYL and make it a great day
Debbie

2 comments:

Mamasakio said...

Nice Debbie. I love the beads you attached to the choker. :-) SHirley

Paula said...

Beautiful Deb, It really took it to a totaly different level adding those beads Paula