My Shop at Zibbet

Monday, May 10, 2010

What I've been up to


Wow, I start off posting 2 days in a row, but then don't post for over a week. I guess I've been busy. Busy with what? Bead shopping, of course. I placed an order with Fire Mountain Gems, which every beader knows- you can waste a whole day searching their website. They must carry millions of beads. Don't worry, I only bought about 20 items. I also stopped into Sadie Greens Emporium and spent about 2 hours drooling over their gorgeous beads and creations. If ever you are in Sturbridge, MA, you have to stop in and check them out. They have the bead emporium along with a store full of their own truly unique beaded creations and other beautiful gift items. Last but not least, I spent at least an hour in the Flying Carpet Bead Studio in Woodstock, CT. This is also a small shop filled with beads and wonderful bead work.
***OK, enough about my bead shopping, & onto to the bead work. This week I have been working on a spiral rope necklace. I found an amazing focal bead for it. Almost finished. I'll post pic when done. Last week I worked on a necklace with fire polished crystals and bugle beads. Just needs a clasp. Will also post that when completed. I have decided not to post my ufo's (unfinished objects) anymore. Maybe then I will be more inclined to actually complete a project. Yes, that is why their is a spaceship hovering above my head in my photo. Remember, I am the queen of ufo's. When all my incomplete work is finished, I will remove the ufo from my photo!!
***I do have a pic, though, It is the most recent strung stuff that I promised to show you. Just a few items made recently. Again the pics don't really do them justice. The 2 bracelets really sparkle much more than you can see & the green and blue necklace is a feast of vibrant color. It looks much better when worn. The big beads end and the little beads start at exactly the right place.
***Well, that's about all I have for now - Except to say that I hope all the mothers out there had a very happy Mom's Day yesterday.
TTYL and make it a great day,
Debbie

No comments: