My Shop at Zibbet

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

I'm Back in Black

Hey there Bloggy friends. Hope all is well. As for me I've been keeping a very busy schedule, but all is good.
So anyhow last time I posted, I mentioned that I was getting bored with summer colors. I was also very excited to start exploring color again. Well, after sorting through my bead stash, my excitement lessened. Too make a long story short, I really need to hit up a bead store or two, or three.

So what I ended up doing is busting out the black beads. I also found some metallic peacock beads to accompany them. I had been wanting to try making one of these flowers from an old Bead and Button magazine for a while now. I think it came out pretty good, and I have lots of ideas to make the design my own. Maybe smaller, with only five petals and a Czech flower bead in the center. I am also seeing a smaller version as the focal point of an asymmetrical necklace. So anyhow, here it is.

This was really fun to bead up, and like I said, look forward to seeing more of these from me in the future.  When I was going through my stash I also found some peacock metallic bugle beads. So of course I had to whip up some brick stitch earrings.

OK, So now that show and tell is over, I've got to tell you about my new addiction. I always seem to be a bit behind on the social media, so I just recently began exploring Pinterest. I'll share my link with you in another post, once I've added more boards. Anyhow, when I say addiction, I am not kidding. The other night, I was up pinning 'til three a.m!!! ;) So who else is addicted? I'd love to see your boards.

TTYL and make it a good day,
Debbie

8 comments:

Periwinkle Dzyns said...

I'm totally addicted too!
Ruth,
follow me at
http://pinterest.com/periwinkledzyns/

Unknown said...

The flower is very cool

Sandra Tyler said...

Welcome back! And the peacock colors with the black is truly stunning -- black is one of my favorite colors to work with. It can't help but be striking . What is Pinterest? I'm sure I could become an addict too, so would love to hear more!

Abracadebra Designs said...

Sandra, Basicly It's like twitter, but with pictures. You create boards and post pics to the boards. There is a Pinterest discusssion going on over at Zibbet Community that you should read to learn more. Or just go to pinterest.com. And yes, it is addicting.
-Debbie

Additionsstyle said...

You new pieces are lovely and the black with the peacock is a great combination.

I too am addicted to pinterest, it is really hard to stop once you get started.

you can find me at http://pinterest.com/additionsstyle. I can't wait to see your boards.

Valerie
Everyday Inspired

Barbra said...

Thanks for the quote on my blog. And pinterest? Don't get me started!
http://pinterest.com/aboutthebuttons/

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Lovin' the colors!

Green Subjective said...

That's a beautiful rose. I don't think I'd have the patience to make one. How long did it take you?