My Shop at Zibbet

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Princess Abracadebra?

Hey there bloggy friends. I'm still here. Just been busy doing staycation stuff with the teenager named Miss Thang Tammy. Its been a little harder than usual to find some quality beading time. But I have managed to finish two pieces. If they were part of a collection, It would have to be named the Princess Collection.  With just a quick look at the pics, you'll see what I mean.



See, like I said princessy looking, right?  Not that there is anything wrong with princessy. In fact, I happen to love both the necklace and bracelet. They are my idea of the perfect summertime designs. I remember last year, right after I purchased like 5 strands of pink glass pearls, I immediately went to work on two bracelets. I got really tired of looking at the pink pearls after completing the bracelets. Well I am happy to say that both of the bracelets were sold to a friend at work, so I recently decided that I needed to dig out the pearls again and add another bracelet to my shop. Mission accomplished.

I would never describe my personal style as princessy. In fact, I prefer to dress in black and red. I think I will be glad when summer is over and I can start designing for fall and winter. I was glancing through a Harper's Bazaar magazine the other day and was literally drooling over the fall accessories.  Picture a box of eight crayons and take each of them colors added to a backdrop of black. Lots of primary colors mixed with black, kind of color blocked. And then there is the blue, green and black snakeskin. It was everywhere from shoes, to bags, to belts. I am really looking forward to designing jewelry in these color patterns. Good bye Princess, Hello black. I am so excited that I gotta run, right now, and start going through my bead stash. As usual I hope you'll stick around to see what I come up with.

TTYL and make it a good night
Debbie

9 comments:

Sandra Tyler said...

I don't have teenagers, but two little boys, and my patience is already tested with how little time I have for my own craft, or even a few minutes beyond reading blogs to myself. I'm not a summer person! I crave fall! Kids in school! routine! Anyway, congrats on getting something done, and lovely at that.

H.T. said...

Hello,Debbie:-)
Nice to see Your 'princessy' ideas for Summer:-)
They both are so cute,even if I can read-no special piece of Your Heart was put into it:-)
Sometimes I like to wear something princessy,to surprise -even myself-a little-just for fun.
At the beginning of my beading adventure I my attitude had been directed towards very 'serious' pieces of jewels,but during my further experience it altered and I make very often something specially 'shinning',or even dazzling,to surprise everyone.But when I use the same beads in the same colors for too long,I mean-making a complete set,my patience ends up there.
I like Your both pieces.No wonder,they both were sold immediately.People like a princessy style.
Warm Greets-Halinka-

Melinda said...

Lol, we've still got some summer to go... ;) I love that bracelet, so soft and pretty, a really lovely combination! I love when my creativity gets excited and I'm eager to jump into the next project! I say definitely 'go for it' with the fall designs, at least you'll be prepared when that cool weather arrives! :)

Additionsstyle said...

I think both pieces are lovely and princessy is the perfect word to describe them. I am with you I am looking forward to creating pieces for fall.

Enjoy your staycation!
Valerie
Everyday Inspired

Unknown said...

love the pendent with the butterfly

LetaMarieDesigns said...

Adore both pieces! Guess I should get a Harper's Bazaar and see whats coming. Plus you are inspiring me to hopefully someday learn more about intricate bead work.

LissC said...

I love your princess pieces! I just ordered some czech buttons that are a pretty light pink like this, so it was nice to see something put together with those colors.

I think your pieces are just precious, light and feminine. I would absolutely wear them!

LissC said...

p.s. I'm going to follow your lead and take the handmade pledge too! Thanks for sharing that :)

Sissy Sparrows said...

Beautiful pieces!! But great photos....really good shots.