My Shop at Zibbet

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Musings of a Redneck Yankee

Hello my friends. Happy Sunday. It's going to be a quick post, because I still haven't decided what's for dinner yet.  I Got sidetracked by Nascar on TV.  Now there's something you didn't know about me.  Having had lived in Norfolk, VA for 7 years, I can't help but love Nascar (and Jeff Gordon, who just happens to be leading right this moment, and is due for a come-back).  As long as you're getting to know me better, some other things I grew to love while in Norfolk are Country Music and Chicken and Dumplings.

So now that you know me better, it's time to move on to my latest creations.  I've been playing around with Bicone Crystals and here's what I came up with.

I think I like the second pair better. After the first pair, I decided to play a bit with color. These earrings were really easy and quick to make. I plan on making up a few more pairs in different color combos to use up all the left-over bicones I have.  So that's about it for this week. I did whip up two quick peyote bracelets, but still need to embellish them and round up some matching buttons for clasps.  As usual, I hope you'll stay  tuned to see how they turn out.

By the way, Jeff Gordon is no longer leading the race and I have decided on a quickie (Yankee) version of Chicken and Dumplings for dinner.

TTYL and make it a good day,
Debbie

6 comments:

Crazy Mama said...

love the earrings debbie!

Unknown said...

Oh I love making those wheels too! I also love Nascar and yes even though Jeff is not my fav he is deserving of a comeback.

roseworksjewelry said...

Those are really pretty :) I haven't watched Nascar in years, but when I lived at my parents house he always had it on and I always rooted for Jeff Gordon :D

Anonymous said...

First time at your blog, I love those earrings! Sounds like you have your hands full today! Happy Saturday!

LissC said...

I had no idea you liked nascar. I lived in south carolina for a while, and went to a race one time (not sure what kind of race), just know I had dirt in my ears and nose for a week after! I live in a desert now, and have yet to inhale as much dirt as I did that day.

Love the earrings! can't wait to see the bracelet.

Beauty Care said...

Just came across your blog, and I have to say I love the first pair more out of the two made.

You just got another follower =)

Liha
beadsparkle.blogspot.com