My Shop at Zibbet

Monday, October 11, 2010

I Finally Did It

O.K., So as promised, Here I am posting my latest project. Remember?-, the new technique I should have tried years ago. I really don't know why on earth I waited so long. Maybe because, I've become very comfortable with the beadweaving that I already know how to do. Maybe because I'm a perfectionist and was afraid to mess up. Oh well, all that doesn't matter now. What matters is that I finally got off my lazy butt and did it. O.K., so with out further ado, here is my first bead embroidered pendant:

Can you believe that I have had the beautiful vintage glass cabochon for about a year, and hadn't done anything with it until now? So, for my first stab at bead embroidery, I decided to keep it simple. But now that I have finally tried, I can't wait to try more with it. I really could kick myself for not digging in and learning this earlier. From now on, I am not going to be such a wimp about trying something new. I believe there is a lesson to be learned here. So in closing I'll leave you with a few inspirational quotes on learning.

"One of the greatest and simplest tools for learning more and growing is doing more." - Washington Irving 

 "Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence."    -   Abigail Adams
 
TTYL and make it a good night,
Debbie

7 comments:

LetaMarieDesigns said...

Pendant looks Wonderful!!

Unknown said...

I am looking forward to my first embroidered cab but nervous about it (although I am not sure why) Yours is so beautiful and I hope you wear it with pride and a huge smile!

Hugs

Crazy Mama said...

your beading sets off the cab just perfectly. very nice job! keep going...i'm sure i will see some exceptional embroidery from you soon.

June said...

Beautifully done! I have attempted this once - yes, just the once ... not good. Maybe I'll give it another go; yours looks so nice.

Susanna Originals said...

Can't wait to see the next one, Debbie! That cab is gorgeous and you've nailed it with the colors.
Susan

Kristina Clemens said...

I am very impressed with your design. I'm a clothing designer, but have never worked jewelry so I find what you do amazing!
Kristina J.

June said...

It works well.