My Shop at Zibbet

Monday, July 26, 2010

Not Much Going On Here

Wow, I think this is the longest I have ever gone without posting. Probably because I don't really have much going on lately. So I guess I will update you on the craft show I was telling you about. Well, I sadly underestimated the whole show. I thought hardly no one would be there, including  both sellers and buyers. So to make a long story short, I got lazy and only set up a small table with about 25 items. Bad mistake. There was a bit more action than I thought, including 2 other jewelry vendors each with about 200 (or so) items for sale. I did manage to get a bit of traffic though, and somehow made my booth fee back. Oh well, I am just going to file the whole thing under "Lesson Learned" and move on.

Ok, so moving on to better things, Here is a cute pair of cloisonne earrings I whipped up. Very summery.


And here is another bracelet made with the pink glass pearls I used for the last bracelet. This one is in a different stitch, though. It is done in a flat spiral stitch. I also used a different color of seed bead in this newer bracelet. The seeds I used are transluscent light purple luster. Anyhow, here it is.

So that's about all I have for now. I should be posting again very soon though, because I have already started a new beading project which takes me back to the 2nd stitch I ever learned. I am thouroughly enjoying working on this project and feel it will turn out really well. So as usual, I hope you'll stay tuned for more.

TTYL and make it a good day,
Debbie

4 comments:

Christina said...

Hi Debbie -- I have never done a craft show, but I think that would be a big problem of mine. I don't really know how to evaluate my potential audience and relate that information to my stock. But at least you learned your lesson and made the booth fee back!!

The new bracelet looks beautiful! Very feminine ;)

Barbra said...

Learning and mistakes are an important part of life. I usually bring too much and my booth looks too messy for my own taste.

Paula said...

Hi Deb, Love the earrings. Was wondering where you where

San Dee said...

Hi Debbie, I got your blog address via the about forum. I really like what you do! how long did it take you to make the bracelet?
I am going to try and sell some of my jewellery at a fair end of october and I am trying to get ready for it now!